Best tattoo foot pedal or footswitch is an extremely critical component of the tattoo making machine. The tattoo foot pedal is the part that is responsible for the measuring of the vertical development produced by the tattoo machine just as it circulates.
The tattoo footswitch on the other side is quite the same as the foot pedal found with sewing machines. The distinction here with tattoo footswitch is that it controls the motion of the tattoo needle. The stuff comes under the power supply equipment of the tattoo machine kit.
There are different types of such products available from different manufacturers where each carries a different value. You need to come out of your comfort zone to read this comprehensive guide to get the most comfortable and productive tattoo foot pedal & switch for your tattooing needs.
Top 10 Best Tattoo foot pedals and switches
No matter, how good is your tattoo needle, but if you are struggling with your foot pedal & switch, then the results would be not that impressive. To make things easy for you, we have compiled a list of the top-rated products. Picking one out of the below items would surely bring value to your tattooing process with no considerable drawback to deal with.
Tattoo Supplies Foot Pedal
This one from the Tattoo Supplies manufacturer is quite an old-school tattoo pedal equipment and you could find this in countless tattoo parlors all around. You will like this one for its standard square shape that will fit different foot sizes with ease and has no-frills attached to it.
The user needs to work with their ankle pressure to operate this pedal. The equipment has a higher profile and you will find it better or at par with most of the other good contemporary products. The foot pedal makes a good choice to be used with a portable tattoo chair as it is found to quite light in weight.
- The material of this product is durable and made to last long.
- It is the most frequently used in the industry which tells about its performance and comfort.
- The square shape is the most desirable for placing the different sizes of feet with ease.
- The equipment comes with comfortable and quality grips given at its top and bottom part.
- The item has got loose screw issues where one keeps falling out quite often.
SOTICA Round Stainless Steel Foot Pedal Switch
The first impression of this foot pedal switch is its long and handsome cord of 5 feet along with a plug of ¼ inches. This connecting line is good enough to hook your foot pedal with the power supply with ease. The heavy pedal offers 360-degree access for ease of usage where you can apply uniform force to make it work.
The material is durable and the size is compact for easy transportation of this equipment. The 290g foot pedal base has an excellent anti-slip mat that ideally strengthens the due friction with the ground. Wherever you will put this foot pedal, it will remain there while operating.
- The length of its cord is 5 feet that allow easy connectivity with the power supply.
- The foot pedal can be easily controlled from any angle with 360-degree access.
- The design is suitable to provide excellent ankle comfort.
- The device is lightweight and comes with a useful anti-slip mat.
- No switch option for making is constant or momentary.
DGT Tattoo Supply Heavy Duty Foot Pedal Switch with Cord
The DGT tattoo foot pedal is a synonym for a heavy-duty footswitch that is facilitated with a productive cord of 6 feet. It is suitable for all types of permanent makeup needs including tattooing. You will find this product to be compatible with the standard power supply that you could see.
You will need to make use of your ankle to make this pedal switch work to its full potential. You will get this device with a chrome finish. The base pad is non-skid for comfort and safety. Moreover, the usage of this foot pedal switch is very easy.
- The pedal surface switch is non-slip so your foot will remain steady throughout the session.
- The 6-feet long cord is quite productive in practical and productive tattooing scenarios.
- It is a heavy-duty foot pedal that remains still during operation and lasts for a long time.
- The product requires low maintenance and it is fairly easy to use.
- The quality of the wire is of low quality.
Jellyfishpro Round Stainless Steel Foot Pedal Switch for Tattooing
This productive tattoo foot pedal switch is made from stainless steel material, which makes it a sturdy and strong product with anodizing color. The practical experience with this foot pedal shows that it offers quite a quicker response as compared to the other normal pedals available.
Thanks to the microswitch that comes inside the product. The total weight of this foot pedal is 0.78 pounds, which is quite light and useful in different circumstances. The wire that comes with its product is 4.5 feet and has a diameter of 0.2 inches.
- It comes with a heavy-duty wire of reasonable diameter and length of 4.5 feet.
- The surface or the base pad of this device is non-skid.
- It comes with a useful micro switch inside for giving excellent responsiveness.
- The stainless steel construction makes this product a sturdy device.
- The stability of the product while operating is not that good.
Tazay Foot Pedal Switch for Tattoo Machines
This productive foot pedal switch facilitates uses with its useful 5 feet long cord. It comes with a standard ¼ inch phono plug as well that could be easily used for tattoo power supply. The foot controller of this machine is compatible with all sorts of tattoo machines including other makeup equipment as well that has a power supply.
The stuff is high quality and offers an excellent design to promote the tattooing process. It is made with a wear-resistant and non-slip rubber base so that stability while operating is ensured. The equipment overall is lightweight and easy to carry.
- The base surface offers a non-slip and wear-resistant design.
- The cord length of 5 feet does a good job for users with no hassle at all.
- The durability of this product is found to be quite good for a long term basis.
- The phono plug of ¼ inch could seamlessly connect with any tattoo power supply.
- The foot pedal for some users requires to put on a lot of weight to make it work.
Deadwood Crafted Tools Foot Pedal Switch
This is an excellent power control tattoo foot switch for activating your tattoo machine effortlessly. It will provide users with the best hands-free operation. The user experience will be quite safe and protected by all means of safety standards.
The item is also compatible with the variable speed equipment. Apart from tattoo machines, it is compatible to work with other tools as well, such as a meat grinder, a wood lathe, sander and drill press, etc. The equipment will provide users with easy on and off operation while providing nonstop power until you switch it off.
- The device is good with its easy on and off operation.
- The item is compatible with different variable speed equipment, apart from tattoo machines.
- The item has durable construction and offers a comfortable foot grip.
- The product comes with a good long cord of 4 feet.
- The plastic stuff used with this product is quite flimsy.
ITATTOO Heavy Duty Foot Pedal for Power Supply
ITATOO for different tattoo supplies is a renowned manufacturer and their foot pedals are second to none as well. This specific product is made from stainless steel and has its out wire made from top quality silicone rubber.
The total length of the wire is 1.8 meters which is quite substantial for practical tattooing needs. You will find the foot pedal suitable for any type of power supply for tattoo machines. The product can enhance work efficiency and the product itself is quite low maintenance with easy storage and carrying. The sensitivity is also found to be quite strong and it will trample always at will only.
- The foot pedal offers good comfort with its moderate weight and low-temperature resistance.
- The foot base pad of the product is a non-skid type.
- The 1.8 meters long quiet is suitable for easy operation.
- The sensitivity of this item is strong and you will find it working only at will.
- Some users find its pedal quite stiff to operate or to compress.
One Tattoo World Pro Stainless Steel Foot Pedal
The lucrative design of this foot pedal is its unique selling point. The manufacturer has made this in a way so that you could access it easily from 360 degrees. This could be a great asset to a table, which could swing all around too. This round shape foot pedal is among the heaviest products in the category that you will find.
It could be used as a switch with the power supply for a high-quality experience. The design idea is good that doesn’t require to mess around with the straightening of the pedal. It is all done effortlessly with its shape. The construction with stainless steel material is also sturdy. The pedal is higher and that requires a bit of practice to get used to it.
- The pedal is heavy enough to get hold of its spot quite easily.
- The stainless steel construction makes it a durable foot pedal.
- It offers 360 access so you do not need to place it in any specific position to operate.
- The operation with this machine is quite simple and solid.
- The chrome stuff may show some signs of wear and tear after some usage.
URBEST Momentary Foot Pedal Switch
This black momentary type operation foot pedal switch is one of its finest in its category. It offers SPDT contact and offers an AC voltage of 250V. The size of this foot pedal is quite decent while its cord has a length of 18cm. The users will enjoy this with an anti-skid type of surface.
A voltage converter is required to operate this in the USA. The total weight of this unit is 108 grams. Overall, this is a good product for the money and tattoo enthusiasts with basic needs would find it quite useful.
- The product is excellent with its flawless momentary operation.
- It is a lightweight product which makes it easy to carry and store.
- The item comes with a good anti-skid rubber surface.
- The design of this product is good with strong springs included.
- The material of this foot pedal is plastic which doesn’t make it along with the lasting product.
Redscorpion 360 Degree Tattoo Foot Pedal Switch
This open design with a round shape provides 360-degree access to this amazing foot pedal switch. You will get this one with a 1.8 meters long cord that is made from silicone material.
The diameter of this foot pedal is 3.52 inches, which is quite a decent size for placing standard size foot over it with ease and without compromising performance. The durability of this product is excellent and you will find it last for a long time. The compact size and lightweight of this tattoo foot pedal further add value to it.
- The foot pedal allows for 360-degree comfortable access from any angle.
- The foot pedal has a 1.8-meter long cord, which is quite substantial to be productive.
- The device is lightweight and it makes it easy to carry when required.
- You will find this product to be highly durable.
- The current flow of this foot pedal is found to be spotty at times.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the responsiveness of a foot pedal and how to check it?
You must check how responsive the foot pedal is with your foot motion and you need to adjust your foot with its responsiveness.
Which is the best stuff to have for a tattoo foot pedal & switch?
The most sturdy, durable, and long-lasting heavy-duty tattoo foot pedals are made from stainless steel.
Is it possible to connect my tattoo foot pedal switch to my sewing machine?
Yes, you may connect it if it meets that power supply requirement in terms of voltage and cord connectivity.
What does a 360-degree tattoo foot pedal access mean?
Such kind of foot pedal switches comes in round shape and that open shape allows for 360-degree access of the foot pedal. It means that you can put your foot on the pedal from any angle and no adjustments are required.
Things to Consider when Buying Tattoo Foot Pedals & Switches for Tattoo Machine
Many novice tattoo enthusiasts overlook the importance of tattoo foot pedal & switch or find it unworthy of consideration and then pays the ultimate price. This component is as important as any other part of the tattoo system as the functioning of the needle is dependent on it. If you are looking for information that how to buy the best such product, then this section will be quite handy for you.
Compatibility or comfort of the user with the foot pedal & switch is of utmost importance. If you are not comfortable with this thing then your tattoo designs will always be compromised. These foot pedals don’t ask for a heavy investment but giving it the due consideration could make a whole world of difference for you.
You may get your short-term job done with any pedal but it becomes more of a significant factor for long tattooing sessions. Therefore, in this case, you must consider the comfort with any possible strain for foot and ankle, which could be a possibility with average products.
Moreover, the repetitive movements of the foot on the pedal could also possibly result in back strain if practiced for long. This is especially true if you are not keeping the right posture. It is therefore critical to do yourself a favor by choosing the appropriate product that looks after your comfort uncompromisingly.
The surface of the Pedal
If you are looking to stay under control with your tattoo foot pedal then its surface becomes of pivotal importance. From the user’s perspective, a responsive foot pedal is a key to success. Users need to change the speed of the tattoo machine frequently and it is your pedal that could make it easier. It is pivotal for the pedal to stay in place all the time when you are using it.
It must come with a non-sliding surface so that it doesn’t shift position due to any vibration. The professional artists can relate here that they change the speed of the machine just as they go on further with the process and they apply additional pressure at times without even knowing it. The surface must grip well your shoe so that you could have full control of it. Avoid having any pedals that come with a slick surface, which may slip your foot off it.
The size of the pedal is the next thing to note for your foot pedal. If you are a big man then you need to have a tattoo foot pedal that matches your foot size and it could be used with ease, rather than adjusting with it all the time. It must also comply with the pressure you apply over it so that you could go on with your tattooing task flawlessly. You must look for a heavy-duty foot pedal that wouldn’t get kicked around easily.
The circuitry of the foot pedal & switch is its nuts and bolts. You must look for one that offers good conductivity. A good balance with that component between its sensitivity and responsiveness is desirable here. Ensuring this would let you go with your foot pedal a long way.
The tattoo enthusiasts and professionals are the best judge of their comfort zone and how their tattoo station is placed. You do not want any distractions on and around your tattoo station and how the foot pedal cord is reaching you. It is important to have a foot pedal of suitable length that could fit with your overall tattooing setup. This little thing could make huge differences when you begin working with your foot pedal on a long-term basis.
Dual or Single Connected Cord
For the foot pedals, you can have either the dual wire connector or a single wire connector. They both don’t have much difference. The point of mentioning this information here is that you shouldn’t get confused with it. If you are good with tightening the screws of the terminal down then either of these types would work fine for you.
A good quality pedal must be made from heavy-duty material which could sustain pressure very well and you must take a pass on any foot pedals that use plastic stuff, even partially. You require something durable and sturdy for getting the job done.
You must also ensure the quality and performance of the screws and terminals. Even the cords used must be of a heavy-duty standard that could handle the pressure of everyday use.
The tattoo artists might agree that the actual value of the best tattoo foot pedal & switch could only be judged when it is practically used. However, this is not always possible, but you could make your decision easy by considering and weighing all the factors that are important for a quality purchase.
Comfort with the foot pedal is critical and it must be a heavy-duty material that could take on the pressure for longer tattoo sessions. in the vicinity of any sort should be avoided.
You must avoid flimsy materials used in foot pedals as they aren’t durable and would be moving around all the time with vibrations. Consider the size of the foot and length of the cord to suit your needs as well. In short, it must be something that falls in your comfort zone and let you do your tattooing job easily.