If you are here then you must be a tattoo enthusiast and looking for the best tattoo needles to extract the best results out of it. Not only the newbies but this guide would also facilitate the tattoo artists with their needs for tattoo needles.
Needles in the tattooing domain serves as one of the most basic tools for getting the job done. The tattoo gun used for making tattoos has got multiple parts, where a needle is one of the majors. It is used for lining or shading the skin while making painless incisions into the skin with ink. The right set of needles with the right sizes could return the most lucrative results.
There will be discussion around the best available needles with objective information provided so that you could make an instant decision. This selection will become easier with the information given about the specific things to consider subsequently so that you will only get your hands around the best available product.
Top 10 Tattoo Needles to Consider for Best Results
- #1, Yosoo Disposable Stainless Steel Round Liner Tattoo Set
- #2, ATOMUS Sterilized Tattoo Needles and Tips
- #3, Skin Comparison 100 Pcs Mixed Tattoo Needles
- #4, New Star Tattoo Needle and Tube Set
- #5, Sotica Mixed 200 Pcs Tattoo Needles Set
- #6, Beoncall 100 Pcs Assorted Tattoo Needles Set
- #7, AUTDOR 50 Pieces Tattoo Needle Set
- #8, Tazay 60 pieces Microblading Tattoo Needles
- #9, Wormhole Tattoo Standard Sterilized Lining Needles
- #10,YOUZONE 44pcs Pre-sterilized Assorted Tattoo Needles
The needles in tattoo guns are supremely important for lining and shading the skin correctly with ink. This section is equally useful for all the tattoo hobbyists, DIY, or professional artists. All the needles discussed here are of different types and styles that could work by injecting the required ink to get the most desirable results.
#1, Yosoo Disposable Stainless Steel Round Liner Tattoo Set
This is a professional grade needle set and comes in the form of round liners set. This pack is ideal for those tattoo enthusiasts who are looking for all the main varieties of liners and not looking for any shaders along. The manufacturer has produced this with quality in mind and the stainless steel used is of medical grade.
This ensures firmly that the product is not only durable but also safe to use. The needles provided here are fine along with well-made tips. Users will not discover any burr over them and neither any bent needles. The needles are blister packed and contain sterile needles as well.
- The needles provided are ready to use with easing plugging to the tattoo gun.
- It offers an immense range in variety with five different types of lining needles.
- The needles come in sterile blister packing for safe use.
- It offers top quality control with no burr or bent needle issues.
- It doesn’t come with any shaders.
#2, ATOMUS Sterilized Tattoo Needles and Tips
The manufacturer offers this great diverse needle kit that is manufactured using 304L stainless steel. There are RT and DT needle tips for RS and RL needles, such as containing 3, 5, 7, and 9 RS needles and 3, 5, 7, and 9 RI needles. Moreover, it also features tips for 5 and 7 M1 for tattoo needle needs.
Very neat and clean soldering is ensured for ensuring optimal control and excellent results. The brand is quite good with its focus on the design and managed to give this product a push in the top-ranked items for its expertise in tattoo products range for a long. The needles are pre-sterilized with EO gas and are also individually packed for safety and best hygiene purposes. The tattoo needles here are for disposable use only.
- The needles are manufactured with top-class stainless steel.
- The manufacturer has ensured clean soldering of the needles to ensure excellent control.
- The needles and tips in the set are sterilized for safety and hygienic purposes.
- The range of needles and tips is quite diverse to satisfy a range of tattooing needs.
- There are some diamond-shaped tips in the package but no such shape of associated needles.
#3, Skin Comparison 100 Pcs Mixed Tattoo Needles
Skin Comparison provides quite a diverse needle set of 100 items. It comes with #10 3RL, 5RL, 7RL, and 9RL round liner. There is also the option of #10 3RS, 5RS, 7RS, and 9RS round shader. Moreover, the set also contains #10 5MS and 7MS magnum shaders.
Each of the needles in this set is individually packed with care and they are also EO sterilized as well for offering super convenience and protection to the users. There are 100 tattoo disposable tubes of the assorted type that comes without any grips. The disposable tubes in the set also come pre-sterilized with EO Gas. And on top of that, it is blister packed individually.
- 100 pieces needle set with a variety of different sizes and types.
- Needles are individually packed for offering maximum protection and ease for the users.
- The needles and assorted tubes are EO gas sterilized along with individual blister packing.
- You will get this with free 5 x stencil paper.
- Some tip size issues are not matching with the specific needles.
#4, New Star Tattoo Needle and Tube Set
The set offers needles in sizes of RL: 3, 5, 7, and 9 it also has RS: 5, 7, 9, and M1: 5, 7, and 9, which all makes for quite a diverse set of needles. It comes with a combo of the tube. Every needle in the package is offered with one compatible grip and tip. The item is CE certified and it comes in individual blister packing. The needles on offer are comfortable with ¾ inches size of the disposable type. The tube combo grip has an excellent non-slip design with black gel-type grips. The black ABS tube in the package is ideal for all sizes.
- The tattoo needles and tubes come in assorted sizes.
- The needles are all individually blister packed.
- The needles from the manufacturer are CE certified and safe to use for hygienic purposes.
- The tube of the set comes with a comfortable anti-slip grip.
- The can be issued with the bending of a few needles.
#5, Sotica Mixed 200 Pcs Tattoo Needles Set
The 200 pieces needle in this set is all individually packed. They come with CE approval as well and are also sterilized with EO gas. This means that this needle set is safe to use. There are mixed sizes of tattoo needles in this set, which practically serve a variety of different tattooing needs. There are 20 needles of each needle size in RL, RS, and M1 categories. The needles are disposable and suitable for single use only. The needles are manufactured through 316 stainless steel materials and offer precise soldering for better control with sharper results.
- The needles are blister packed individually and are CE approved for safety.
- The needles are manufactured using top quality stainless steel.
- The needle contains multiple needles set of varying sizes.
- The tips of the needles are good with no bending issue.
#6, Beoncall 100 Pcs Assorted Tattoo Needles Set
The set contains 100 pieces of tattoo needles where you will get 5 pieces of each available size. The sizes are available in the category of RL, RS, and M1 with all standard options. These tattoo needles are all sterilized for hygienic reasons. The rotary tattoo needles of varying sizes are offered for the liner & shader tattoos and to be applied easily on tubes and tips or any tattoo machine. The quality of the product is top class as manufactured using stainless steel of medical grade. Every needle in the set is individually packed within a sterile blister pack. It is individually stamped with the accurate expiration dates as well.
- The set contains a round shader, round liner, and magnum shader needles.
- It offers multiple sets of needles with 5 pieces of each size in RL, RS, and M1 categories.
- The quality of the needle is top class with the stainless steel material of medical grade.
- The manufacturer has ensured that the needles are properly sterilized before blister packing.
- The set doesn’t offer much assortment with the needle sizes.
#7, AUTDOR 50 Pieces Tattoo Needle Set
This round liner tattoo needle cartridge system comes with a built-in safety membrane. It is good for the sake of restricting ink to pass through to the tattoo machine or tube. The needles are compatible with the grips and are offered with the close-mouthed tips that could allow for a more steady strike. The tattoo needles available here are 1003, 1005, 1007, and 1009 RI.
There are also type 1205, 1207, and 1209 RS. The other available options are 1205, 1207, and 1209 M1 along with 1207 and 1209 RM. The needles in this set are made from 316 stainless steel that means the needles are quite sturdy and long-lasting.
- The needles are individually packed with a transparent body for safety and hygienic purpose.
- The grip on offer with the set is of comfortable design and practical for tattooing.
- There is an immense variety of needles to ensure different styles of tattooing.
- A safety membrane is introduced inside the needle cartridge for controlling ink flow.
- The set doesn’t offer much assortment with the needle sizes.
#8, Tazay 60 pieces Microblading Tattoo Needles
This kind of microblading needle is best to be used with the eyebrow tattoo pen for permanent tattoo makeup. It is suitable to be used with all of the 3D microblading pen tools. The needles are good to ensure top class stability with negligible vibration.
- The disposable microblading needles come in individual packing for safety and hygiene.
- All the 60-piece needle set is made from 316 stainless steel that endorses durability.
- It is suitable for all types of eyebrow tattooing with excellent precision and control.
- The manufacturer offers a satisfaction guarantee of a full refund if not happy with the product.
- There is no mentioning of expiration dates on these needles.
#9, Wormhole Tattoo Standard Sterilized Lining Needles
If you are looking for a collection of needles of unconventional sizes then this could be a great option for you. The range of needles offered by the brand is 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 18 RL. It means that you could easily find a liner of your preferred size to match your tattooing needs. The material used for this product is of good quality especially with 316 medical grade for the stainless steel. This will ensure durability and would easily last throughout your tattooing session. There will be no complaints about burr or dull edges of needles at all. The needles offered in this pack are sterilized and are also blister packed.
- The needles provided with this package are of top quality.
- The needles are sterilized and blister packed as well.
- There are no issues with any dull edges or bent needles.
- The needles use medical grade stainless steel for their manufacturing.
- There is no versatility of applications as needles offered are of the same size.
#10, YOUZONE 44pcs Pre-sterilized Assorted Tattoo Needles
This pack is a 44-piece assorted tattoo needle set with 11 mixed sizes. There will be 4 pieces each of 3, 5, 7, 9 RL and 3, 5, 7, and 9 RS. Moreover, it also has 5, 7, and 9 M1 as well. The bar length on offer is 4.41 inches, which is quite practical and good for regular tattooing needs. On top of that, the needle length of 1.18 inches also helps a lot with the required tattooing needs.
The product also has a tattoo tube on offer to make this set a great deal for tattoo enthusiasts and professional artists. The diameter of the tube is 0.26 inches and the grip diameter is 1.81 inches. The needles in this set are pre-sterilized using EO.GAS. Each pack of this set comes with the expiration date of the needles as well.
- It is a comprehensive kit with RL, RS, and M1 needles of varying sizes.
- The needle package comes with a tube to make it a productive set.
- The tips and all needles of this kit are sterilized.
- The product comes with the reasonable expiration dates mentioned for the needles
- There can be some issues with bent needles as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When it comes to the usage of needles in tattoo guns then accuracy is of pivotal importance to get the job done in the right manner. Apart from this, there are several other factors to consider for best results, which we will be discussing here:
Different forms of Tattoo Needles
There are mainly three different forms of tattoo needles that are discussed below
Why can’t I use a tattoo bench?
- Flat – This is the simplest and most popular of all the different types of needles. It is because their flat style is good for making more ink penetrate the skin. This in other words means that you will get much darker and cleaner lines with a single stroke only. It is represented on their packs with FL or FS for identification. They are represented with the number of needles or pins in the front, such as 5FL of 3FS.
- Round – This kind of tattoo needles are soldered round with a central shaft that has round patterns. They are also sometimes identified as shaders or liners, which depends upon the fact that how close they are placed. For the round style needles, you will find them packed quite tightly and this thing makes them ideal for small lines, finer details, and technical work. These needles are usually denoted with RL or RS symbols with their numeric size.
- Magnum – This kind of needles comes with a longer taper which could either be the same size or maybe longer than the same found on the round needles. This kind of needle is preferred for its excellence in shading work. The magnum needles are also known for delivering a good amount of ink and that makes them applicable for coloring large areas with lesser strokes required.
The tattoo needle points tell about the total number of pins that are in a set or a group. If we talk about the most common types of groupings for the needles then those are 3, 5, 7, 9, 13, or 15 points.
The gauge or diameter of the tattoo needles is the width of the item when they are grouped around a central shaft. It is the diameter size that controls the flow of the ink. Therefore, the larger the diameter of the needle, the more will be the flow and vice versa. The common diameters found in tattoo needles are 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm and 0.40mm.
Taper is the length of the needle’s point and there can be a lot of variety to choose the taper from, depending on different manufacturers. The lesser the length of the taper, the more the glow of ink will be on the skin.
The higher taper length would ensure controlled or lesser flow of the ink. Tapers typically for the tattoo needles fall in the range of 1.5mm to 7mm. A size as big as 7mm is hard to find as it isn’t much practical, but it does exist. The size of the taper is more of a personal preference thing. Many experts believe that taper sizes don’t matter much, but it is better to go with medium taper length if you are not sure about what is better.
Each different type or size of needles along with certain other factors is meant to serve a different purpose in tattoo making. To make your life easier, the following pointers would help you with the right needle selection to do the right job:
- Small Tattoo Lining – If your need is for lining small tattoos then round and a low needle is preferred.
- Whip Strokes – For achieving whip strokes with perfection, choose to go with the flat shaders that offer unique blending marks.
- Color Tattoo – For the versatility of magnum needle types, they are desirable to work with the color tattoos.
- Fine or Detailed Color Work – This is where the curved magnum needle type is the most suitable one. It is an ideal option for portraits as well.
- Detailed Lines – When the need is to have detailed lines or smaller tattoos with lesser needles then the most feasible option is to go with the round liners.
In tattooing, the need to get the right and best tattoo needle size is the most difficult part and sometimes it may confuse users as well. This could be challenging for the professional artists as well as finding the right combination with type, size and length is hard to find for typical tattoo design types. However, this comes with practice and you could maximize this guide to make the right decision.
You can find detailed information here about the type of needles, their diameter, points, taper size, and their suitability for specific tattooing needs.
The best in the business needle products are also given that will help you in making a quick and wise decision. The frequently asked question section discussed above could answer all your top-level concerns or information you looking for in the tattoo needle domain.