In this 21st century, body piercings are one of the most popular trends passionately followed by those who love to make a fashion statement. These are individuals who wish to try some bold and liberating styles that mark their distinct personalities. Millions of youngsters worldwide have gone ahead and have subjected themselves to different kinds of body piercings.
The latest fad includes piercing of the ear, nose (nostril), eyebrow, lower lip, tongue, and conch piercings. If you are the kind of person to fall in love with unique body art like piercings and tattoos, a beautiful spider bite piercing can be the thing for you.
You must indulge in lip piercings after considering your oral health. The precise location of the trendy spider bite piercing can cause the material (jewelry) to constantly rub against the teeth and the gums. So to avoid future complications, using safe jewelry and good location so that the piercing does not press too much against the teeth and gums is very essential.
Before going in for the spider bite piercing, you should know all the factors involved. Study the table of contents mentioned below to know everything about this unique piercing.
What is a spider bite piercing?
It is a set of piercings, which are placed strategically close to each other towards one side of the lower lip area. It mimics the look of an actual spider bite. It is an ideal choice for people who wish to have a daredevil pierced look that is bold yet subtle. The spider bite piercing features double but separate piercings located together.
What procedure to follow before getting a spider bite piercing?
You need to talk to your expert body piercer artist about the different piercings you have done in the past. Tell him your skin health and if you have an allergic reaction to any kind of metal. Also, mention any complication that you had after doing the previous body piercing. Such communication between the artist and yourself is necessary for your safety.
You can also select basic aftercare products that you may need or as advised by the piercer. Items such as sea salt, cotton balls, disinfectants, can be stored before the piercing procedure is initiated.
Does the spider bite piercing hurt a lot?
According to experts, piercings near the lip area won’t hurt too much. However, it is more painful than earlobe piercing and less painful than a nose piercing. In case of a spider bite piercing, they are two piercings done close together and such double piercings can give you compounded the pain. If you cannot tolerate pain, then it is best to put a few days of the distance between each of the piercings.
Are you firm on your decision to get a spider bite piercing?
Before you commit yourself to unique and one of a kind spider bite piercings, make sure that you desire this type of lip piercing for the rest of your existence. You can remove the piercings if you did not like it, but the hole to get smaller and shrink with minimal scarring can take many years. New lip piercing may close faster within a year.
If you are sure about your decision, you can go ahead and ignore all your fears. Follow your heartfelt desire to get the piercing and stick to the aftercare instructions without fail.
Spider Bite Piercing Latest Trends
While the piercing itself is the latest trend, you get to choose from a wide range of jewelry options such as studs, barbells, and rings to name a few. You can just let your imagination run wild and bring up a stylish look that you love.
Inspirational Spider Bite Piercings Ideas
Usually, spider bite piercings are commonly done on the lower lip than the upper lip. The name suggests that it looks like a spider bite and it is a rare piercing when compared to several popular bodies piercing ideas.
You can get yourself stylish piercing jewelry ideas using varied ornamental designs such as rings and studs. You can also experiment with circular barbells, curvy barbells, jewel-studded labret, criss-cross pattern jewelry, titanium labret, and silver or gold labret to name a few.
Lip piercings have been a favorite amongst the young crowd because of its prominent location and the vast variety of jewelry and ornaments it can hold. To get a spidery bite look, you may opt for flat labret stud design, simple bead design that can be compared to the poisonous dots of venomous bite. You can alternate between beads, gemstones, metals, and spikes.
Hoops can offer you a fanged look, you can try seamless hoops for an edgy sleek look. Bead rings may add to an aesthetic appeal. If you are an imaginative person, you can come up with hundreds of designs. For a fashionable or priggish look achieved with circular barbells and twister barbells.
Spider Bite Piercings After-Care and Cleaning Advice
Spider bite piercings can be easily taken care of. There are only two or more steps to maintain proper care and cleanliness after the piercing procedure.
- Before you touch the new piercings with your naked hands, you have to make sure that they are clean after having washed with gentle soap and water.
- You cannot take the chance of letting your spider bite piercings get infected with bacterial growth.
- To clean the piercings, you can take some lukewarm water solution mixed with sea salt and dab a cotton ball in the solution and press it over the piercings.
- You can do this once or twice a day and if you do not want to make a cleaning solution, there are several ready-made cleaning solutions available online or at land-based stores nearby for the piercings to heal quickly.
- You can buy natural cleaning solutions or special aftercare sprays.
- Most of them work effectively on all types of skin.
- You can start using the cleaning products as soon as you can so that the healing happens faster and you do not suffer lingering pain.
- Avoid towels to dry your piercing site, instead, use a clean tissue paper to pat down the area until it is relatively dry.
- The location of a spider bite piercing is such that you have to be very careful while maintaining oral hygiene
- Brushing your teeth twice daily with a gentle toothpaste that isn’t too minty can help reduce the burning sensation near the piercing area.
- Whenever you eat food, make sure to use the sea salt solution to clean or rinse your mouth.
- Stay away from extra chilly and spicy foodstuffs until your piercings have healed well.
- It is also better to avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking during the healing stage.
- Women can avoid using make-up products like foundation or heavy creams over the piercing area
- If the piercing artist suggests, you can take a multivitamin daily for a month so that the nutrients help the healing process
- Probiotic foods like yogurt can be consumed daily to increase the good bacteria and aid the healing of the wound.
How long does the Spider Bite Piercings take to heal completely?
A body piercing to heal fully can take up to 10 months or a year. You may know that if you have your nose or belly button pierced previously. A lip piercing can heal faster than other body piercings. A spider bite piercing can heal in a two or three months period, provided you do not suffer from any infections or health complications.
Just do not complicate things by changing your jewelry before it has healed fully. You have to maintain your piercing as it is during the healing period. Similarly, staying away from public pools can also facilitate faster healing. Public swimming pools are infested with germs and bacteria. You can stay at home and have Popsicle and cold juices to help control the pain during the first week after the piercings.
Tips to Avert Post-Piercing Issues
- Avoid all frozen foodstuffs
- Say no to eating spicy foods
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and quit smoking
- Take vitamin B supplements to fortify yourself with the right nutrients before getting the spider bite piercings
- Choose metal jewelry that suits your skin
How do I manage oral health with spider bite piercing?
If you fear of neglecting your oral health, then you can consider doing a spider bite piercing away from the mouth area. Then you can adhere to oral care practices and also continue brushing your teeth twice daily. If you have a poor oral genetic history, then you can request the piercings to be done in such a way that it doesn’t affect your oral health.
Also if you grapple with oral issues such as receding gums or enamel wear, you need to consult a dentist before going for lip piercings.
How much is the cost for spider bite piercings?
You may need to shell out anywhere between 40 dollars to 80 dollars for a good spider bite piercing. Firstly, you have to find a reputed piercer artist who can guide you and assist you in deciding the piercing location so that it doesn’t give you oral problems. For instance, if you have crooked and uneven teeth, then find a reliable piercer who can navigate around this issue and find a good location for spider bite piercings.
It is very important to get verified and experienced piercer. A qualified piercing artist will surely know the type of jewelry that suits your skin type and he can offer you the best competitive price for a decent piercing. He can give you aftercare details and make sure that the piercings are successful.
Choosing the most recommended piercer can be the first step towards having a great spider bite piercing and promoting easy healing. If you select an unknown or wrong piercer, the result could be disastrous and you may even end up suffering from infections and oral complications.
Spider Bite Piercing Infections
When you are thinking about getting pierced, you also need to think about the risk of catching an infection. If you do not follow aftercare rules strictly or maintain hygiene and cleanliness, you can get infected. In the case of lip piercing, if you notice any discharge around the area of the lips or mouth, redness, swelling or severe pain, you may have a bacterial infection.
Visiting a doctor and cleaning your piercing area diligently can stop the spread of infection. The doctor can provide you with antibiotics or medicated gels to curtail the infection.
Video Credit: Fox Tattoo
Spider Bite Piercing Risk Prevention
- Choose the body piercing artist with care, do it with a piercer who has had many years of experience in this field.
- Spider bite piercing can be a simple and easy procedure, but there are risks involved as it involves your lips, mouth, teeth, and gums.
- Read and gather in-depth information about lip piercing facts
- Consider using the best quality and premium jewelry for the piercing
- Choose the spider bite piercing placement area carefully so that you do not end up with an oral infection later on
- Ask the advice of an expert lip piercer if you have forward jutting teeth or crooked teeth
Once you know everything about the elusive spider bite piercings, you can be 100% ready for the procedure with confidence. As you will know what to expect during the procedure and how to go about the post-piercing care.
After the healing process, you can have a great time buying fun spider bite piercing jewelry and love your amazing look.