If you happen to be a close friend of a tattoo artist then you must have received a lot of favors in developing and maintaining your tattoos. So f its time to give them the best gift that is fit for a Tattoo artist then here is our backup plan.
Therefore, if you now have a chance to thank your friend or compliment him with something on a special occasion then you choose a gift as per the liking of the tattoo artist. Just like any other artist, they are also quite engrossed with their work and everything that relates to their art. Nothing can be more appealing to them as a gift than something that has to do with tattooing.
A good thing here is that the tattoo artists could be presented with some awesome gifts from a broad range of categories of items. This guide would cover it all. You will be presented with the best approach to choose a gift and some particular, top of the line products would help you objectively in the matter.
Top things your Tattoo Artist buddy would love to have from you!
The tattoo product line is quite diverse and growing rapidly with time as well. Several good products relevant just a year ago might not fit in well in the best of the best list today. The products mentioned below are up-to-date and highly relevant that you can easily consider gifting to your tattoo artist friend:
Hawink Tattoo Kit for Beginners with 7-Ink Set
Nothing could make a better gift than this if you are looking to give something useful to a beginner level tattoo artist. It comes with an 8 and 10 wrap coil machine, which is its unique selling point. It could be used as a shader and liner and runs quite smoothly for creating excellent lines with precision.
The vibrant colors created as a result are long-lasting, which is possible due to better skin penetration with high power. This one in short is a complete kit that comes with the main tattoo machine, foot pedal, power supply, tattoo needles, clip cord, ink caps, grommets, and tip, etc.
The beginners could get more help regarding this kit with the professional online guide that comes with the package.
- It is a complete set with all equipment that beginner tattoo artist could ask for.
- The machine is easy to set up and use with the professional online help provided.
- The high power machine penetrates deep in the skin for long-lasting colors.
- It comes with a 7 color ink set for adding in more variety in designs.
- The LED light on the machine is low quality and tends to malfunction at times.
New Start Tattoo Foldable Armrest with Adjustable Height
This is very productive equipment for tattoo artists and it will fold up quite nicely to fit inside a gift box. The armrest comes nicely padded and has a very firm frame structure. You can adjust the pad height and the metallic legs of the tripod as well.
The equipment is highly portable and the artists could move it easily between their home and studio. The supplies of the armrest are steady and not slipping type at all. The arm and leg rest of the equipment is heavy-duty made and fully adjustable.
- Highly comfortable arm and leg rest with thick sponge material support.
- The height of the equipment is adjustable.
- It is made from heavy-duty stuff that lasts long.
- The design is highly portable and packs into a small unit to carry it easily.
- The stand may wobble a bit when its legs are extended fully.
A3 Size Tracing Light Pad for Animation Designing
The beginner level tattoo artists would find such a gift to be of top value. It is USB powered and comes packed with the required USB adaptor as well. The USB power means excellent convenience and it could be accessed via any standard USB port.
The design of this design pad is quite thin and portable, which will allow any tattoo artist to work in any environment he wants.
The brightness level of the device could be adjusted in three distinct levels to make it work just as you would like. There are super bright types of LEDs used to provide an ideally illuminated surface.
- It comes with a touch sensor switch for turning it on and off or for adjusting brightness.
- The device is ideal for tattoo transferring, 2D animation, embossing, and other such stuff.
- The pad weighs only 1.4 pounds with a thin design that allows it to carry with ease.
- Brightness can be adjusted in three distinct levels to provide desirable value.
- The corners of the device are not rounded and require the missing protection to be added.
Solong 54 Colors Pigment Tattoo Ink Set
This is one of the most diverse tattoo color pigment sets that any artist could have and it would make a grand choice as a gift item. Each different and positive color pigment comes in a 5ml size bottle that lasts quite long. The pigment promises not to fade or layer at all.
You can have 1 gram of these pigments to be completely soluble in water. There are no fading chances for the pigments after repair and the color tends to be quite positive.
- The pigments are completely soluble in water without any issue.
- The colors are sterilized by gamma rays and are safe to use.
- The pigments don’t fade out at all.
- They are easily absorbed by the skin.
- The brighter colors in the set require extra coating.
Brightech Pro 6 Wheel Rolling Base Magnifying Lamp
This is something that every tattoo artist or scratcher needs to give his best shot at work. This is a bright, big, and dimmable magnifying floor lamp. It makes visualizing the small tattoo designs quite convenient, even for those with vision issues.
A built-in dimmer is provided on the unit so that the desired amount of light could be employed from the lamp at any given moment. There is a diopter glass magnifying lens of 3 inches to magnify up to 225% whatever you are working on.
- The LED lights don’t get hot ever so you can easily work for long hours.
- It is suitable for people having eyesight issues.
- It comes with genuine diopter glass which extends its life up to 20 years.
- You can get the ideal blend of this 2-shade concealer to get a desirable skin tone with precision.
- The rotating capability of the lamp is limited due to a fixing screw in place for the upper and lower part.
Microblading Head LED Adjustable Lamp
This high-end headlamp comes with 5 different magnification lens. The material used for the equipment is ABS and Acrylic which is quite good for such a product. It comes with a pair of LEDs and the angle could be adjusted for ensuring accuracy.
The headband is made from an elastic material so that it is quite easy in wearing and doesn’t feel heavy on the head. There are certain other convenient features such as the non-slip padding to make work quite easy. The equipment is ideal for tattooing and permanent lip makeup.
- The equipment comes with varying magnification lenses to offer customized performance.
- The headband comes with a soft elastic band along with non-slip nose pads for added comfort.
- The LED light source angle could be adjusted for maximum accuracy.
- The ABS and Acrylic material used is quite durable.
- Not suitable for long usage in a single session as it could be a bit heavy on the nose.
ITATOO Practice Fake Hand of Silicone Material
This 3D fake tattoo hand is made from soft silicone material and it mimics the real hand quite closely. This would give practicing tattoo artists some great advantage in learning new designs. They will find it quite easy to use and color as well.
This practice hand is made from impersonating the real adult male hand and offers the same size ratio. It even has the line of the hand visible so that to have the real scenario of making tattoos.
This practice hand could be used for practicing and enhancing tattoo techniques. It may also be used as a display item in a tattoo shop with the best designs on it.
- The practiced hand is as good as a real hand with the lines of the hand visible as well.
- This 3D fake hand is found to be more practical than those flat tattoo skins.
- Soft silicone stuff is used for giving the best possible object to work on.
- It can also be used as a decoration piece or a display with designs in tattoo shops.
- The fake hand is not reusable.
Dir Facial Beauty Aesthetic Tattoo Procedure Electrical Adjustment Bed
If the tattoo artist has a professional studio then this is one big equipment that will be more than handy for the artist. It would make a lovely gift with a range of exciting features.
The chair-cum-bed comes with a duo electro-hydraulic motor which could be employed for making easy height adjustments and for reclining purposes.
There is a dual-headrest provided onboard which you will find suitable for all possible types of tattoo procedures. For the comfort purpose, high-density memory foam is provided which is built over a sturdy steel frame.
- The equipment offers removable and adjustable armrests, headrests, and leg rest.
- Excellent durability and comfort are provided with its steel frame and memory foam on top.
- The motor provides effortless operation to recline and adjust the height.
- The arm and leg rest could be easily extended manually.
- The equipment cannot move from side to side.
Ollieroo Aluminum Rolling Tattoo Artist trolley Case
There are many tattoo artists seen who travel a lot and offer tattooing services in serene environments. If that is what your tattoo artist friend is all about then this carrying cosmetic tattoo case will be more than handy. It is a 5 layer trolley case to put all your tattoo stuff in a very organized manner.
It may also be disassembled into a smaller size trolley case as and when needed. Therefore, you could just custom fit the cosmetics in it. The product has heat resistant exterior so all your heat-sensitive tattoo stuff would not be impacted due to hotter conditions.
- The 5 compartment trolley case can be converted into a smaller size as needed.
- The compartments have further dividers to put stuff in an organized manner.
- It offers an aluminum frame for durability.
- Lift handle and 2 rear wheels make maneuverability quite effortless.
- The compartments sometimes don’t lock ideally in place.
Dyvical Waterproof Micro-Pen Fineliner Ink Pen Set
This charming looking pen set is capable of enhancing accuracy, preservation, and giving attention to minute details in a tattoo design. The quality is unparalleled and it is the first choice of many artists into this work. They come with assorted pen tip sizes to offer 9 multiple nibs to choose from. The pigment ink of these pens is black and it is waterproof as well.
This one is photocopy safe and it doesn’t get to dissolve at all. A coded cap is offered with each pen along with a pocket clip so that it is easy to use and carry. You will experience extremely smooth and crisp working of these pens leaving consistent lines everywhere.
- The pens come with a cap and pocket clip that do not leak at all.
- The black ink of the pen is waterproof and doesn’t dissolve.
- It will offer non-skip and smooth designs.
- It is odorless and free of any toxic chemicals.
- These pens are not refillable.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tattoo Products as Gift Items
What is the most out of the box idea to give a gift to a professional tattoo artist?
Although expensive, giving a tattoo chair as a gift to a tattoo artist could be a really good idea. It will be received quite well even if the tattoo artist already has a chair.
How to be sure that the Tattoo Inks I am gifting in a set is safe for use?
The tattoo needles could be contaminated and do have the potential to result in blood-borne disease transmission. To be sure about having safe needles in the gift set, only go with the top reputed manufacturers.
My tattoo artist friend has a diverse portfolio of designs so could I still gift him new tattoo designs?
Yes, tattoo artists love to have an enormous range of tattoo designs in their arsenal. This they require to impress their clients and also practice some new innovative designs to enhance their skills.
As tattoo inks could be contaminated so what is the best way to make sure that they are safe?
The tattoo inks in the USA are not regulated and come under the cosmetic category. Therefore, trust the manufacturer first with its ingredient and ensure that it doesn’t contain toxic chemicals.
Buying Guide for Perfect Gifts to Give to a Tattoo Artist
Before reaching the phase of wrapping your gift for a tattoo artist, the following sections would provide you with a great idea of what to wrap. Considering all the below-mentioned points would logically bring you next to the most suitable product to be gifted to a tattoo artist:
Knowing your Tattoo Artist Friend
Before you could choose anything special as a gift for a tattoo artist, you must first find out about the expertise level of the person. This is applicable only if you are planning to give him something from the tattoo products category only. The market is full of a plethora of tattoo products that can be ideal to be gifted. But, they are all meant for artists with varying skill levels.
If the tattoo artist is a beginner, then you must look for products in the beginners’ category and if he is mid o advanced level then a suitable gift should be chosen accordingly. Be sure that an advanced gift for a beginner tattoo artist could work but a beginner level gift for an advanced level tattoo artist would be useless.
The Range of Tattoo Products to Choose From
As mentioned earlier as well, the range of tattoo products is quite diverse. These products can be expensive too. If you are not a tattoo artist or just a basic tattoo enthusiast then you might not be familiar with the range of products that a tattoo artist could have in his studio. First and foremost is the tattoo machine which has evolved quite a lot over the past few years.
You can find both the electric and air-powered tattoo machines, including the popularly known pneumatic and rotary machines. This could be the most expensive and most liked gift by the receiver if you choose to go with it. Moving on, there are a variety of needles as well to be looked at. They include flat or round shader needles and magnum needles etc.
A few of the other most common but useful items with the potential of being gifted are a tattoo machine, tattoo ink, power supply, grips, tattoo designs, and multiple other miscellaneous items. The smaller items could be considered about gifting in bulk or they may be coupled with other bigger items to make a good impression of the gift presented.
Is Tattoo Artist Left or Right Handed?
This is a million-dollar question especially if you are looking to shortlist a gift from the tattoo machine category. If your tattoo friend is a left-hander then a standard tattoo machine for right-handers when gifted would be as good or bad as useless for him. Therefore, knowing about the dominant hand is not hard and you may do it secretly as well in so many ways, especially if you are looking to surprise him with the gift.
Beware about the Product Ingredients
If you are considering giving Tattoo Ink set as a gift item then be rest assured that it is free from any chemicals. The professional tattoo artists today are very careful about the ink they choose for their customers so that they don’t complain afterward.
You need to do your homework here by evaluating first based on the brand. The tattoo artists know all the brands on the tip of their fingers and giving away some tattoo ink from an ill-reputed manufacturer wouldn’t go down well as a gift.
A good product from a reputed manufacturer would make a good impression. Ideally, you must first shortlist the best available manufacturers and then evaluate the product to contain ingredients like water, vegetable glycerin, ethanol, and witch hazel, etc.
These are considered as top ingredients in the tattoo inks and they must be free from any toxic chemicals that may have any bad impact on your skin.
What not to Gift to a Tattoo Artist
The tattoo artists could be very sensitive about their work. Anything that demeans their work or art could be very heartening and it may impact your relationship with the person even. For this purpose, it is advised not to give any gift that is about learning the art of tattooing.
There must be plenty of books or DVDs available with the titles such as: ‘How to make tattoo like a Pro’ or ‘Learn Everything about Tattooing from Scratch.’ This is a poor idea when it comes to giving away a gift to a tattoo artist and this must always be avoided.
You can never show more love to a tattoo artist by giving him gifts that are from their professional domain. Tattoo artists have a huge range of tattoo-related products in their studio, which could be quite expensive. You can choose to give away something that would add value to their work.
It could be anything from a tattoo studio chair to a tattoo machine to tattoo needles or ink etc. However, choosing a perfect gift demands you to know the tattoo artist quite well about his needs and wants at work.
You also need to check for the repute of the manufacturer so that you give away only the safest tattoo related products as a gift to someone you adore a lot.
READ THIS NEXT :